– Could you get arrested
by federal agents? – Yes. So if they saw this video and wanted to they could. – Run, hide. (gentle music) – Hi, my name’s Isiah. – Hi, I’m Joy. – Nice to meet you, Joy. – Nice to meet you, too. – Hi, I’m Ethan. – Hey, I’m joy. – Nice to meet you, Joy. – You, too, do you have a
nickname, like E-Money or? (chuckling) – No, but that’s funny. Yeah.
(laughing) – So why are we here? – I don’t know. – Are we gonna talk about pizza? – No, we’re not gonna talk about, even though I love pizza. – I like combo of cheese and pepperoni. – Oh, combo. What do you guys think I do? – Ah, well something
probably really abnormal. – So, I work outside. – A school gym teacher? (laughing) – I’m actually a farmer. – Wo, really?
– Huh? – So I work with my brother and my dad. What do you think we grow? – Vegetables, maybe fruits. – You might have like
pigs or cows or something. – I grow a certain type of plant but I’m actually.
– Plant, plant, plant. Flower? A flower farmer. – Yeah, it’s a certain kind of flower that people use for medicine and stuff. – Really? – Yeah.
– Well, that’s cool. – We grow, basically, a cannabis plant. – A Canada plant? (laughing) – I actually farm cannabis. – Weed? – That’s a good word, too. What other words besides
weed have you guys heard? – Is that pot? – Marijuana. – Yeah.
– Is crack? – No, that’s entirely different. – So have you ever heard
of marijuana before? So it’s basically a marijuana plant. – Oh. – So what do you know about marijuana? – I do know marijuana messes up families and then that can really
damage your lungs, damage your brain, and just make people around you feel unsafe. – Yeah, it’s, everything
you’re saying is true. But sometimes people
use it more responsibly. But, you know, they’re at a certain age where they can make those decisions. Like, over 21. – Why do you have to be 21? – Well, because your
brain is still developing. – What happens if you
use it before you’re 21? – I’m sure your mom would
give you a mean spanking. (laughing) You think I’m playing? – Do they like eat it or
how do they use the plant? – Yeah, so the plant, people use it by heating it up and they can basically smoke it. You guys know what getting high is. – Yes.
– I’m sure you’ve heard about it, you’ve been exposed. Kids now, you guys are
exposed to a lot of. – Kids these days.
– Kids these days. Yeah, you know. So, the THC gets you the high part so that feeling where you kinda feel like you’re maybe daydreaming or on clouds. – Yeah. – What’s the different between marijuana that’s medicine and marijuana that’s fun? Is the plant different? – It’s the exact same. The people use it medically, there’s a component in
there that people extract which just helps with the
pain that they’re feeling. – I just don’t understand
how something can be good and bad for you at the same time. I mean, what is the purpose for marijuana? – My uncle who’s paralyzed
from the neck down, he uses it for muscle spasms and then my grandma who’s 97, she uses it so she can go to sleep. – Oh, I’m sorry. – Oh, you don’t need to be sorry. She’s 97, that’s amazing. – Would you say your job, would the federal government
classify it as legal? – No. So, basically my job used to be illegal. So.
– Really? – Yeah, illegal. – When? – Just a couple years ago. – Could you get arrested
by federal agents? – Yes, they could. – Run, hide. (laughing) – Would you protect me? – I don’t know if i could. I don’t know if I could. – You gotta believe in yourself. (laughing) What are you doing? – I don’t. – All right. The war on drugs has kinda
like tore up families. There’s a lot of people
that look like me and you who are locked up. I know I got a couple friends that have been locked up because they’ve done what I’ve done. – Does that ever make you feel guilty? – It’s unfortunate, but we feel that by being like a family and doing this thing together, that we’re gonna be able to try to give back to the community, too. – When was the first
time you used cannabis? – I was about, maybe 24 or 25. – Was it exciting? (laughing) – I wouldn’t call it exciting. It was a little scary
’cause you just kinda, I didn’t know what was going on. But I shared that moment with my mom. – Wait, you did it with your, you smoked pot with your mom? – I did. – Wow, my mom would never do that. – That’s the thing. Maybe if you’re older. – Yeah, probably. – Do you know anyone who smokes marijuana? – I don’t know what my sister smokes. I just don’t like it. What do you smoke, sis? (laughing) – Is that right? – We’re gonna have a talk. – What if she smokes it for pain? – She did tell me for
her, her knee’s hurting. – So you want her to be in pain? – If your knee hurts, go see a doctor. – What if the doctor prescribes cannabis for her for her knee? – Go to a different doctor. – What if she didn’t smoke it? What if it was like a cream? Or like a?
– I saw her smoking it. She got out of the car. (laughing) – You’re the general, you
be putting the (smack). He be putting the hammer down. Hey, I’m Joy. Thanks for watching
Kids Meet a Weed Farmer. If you wanna see more Kids Meet videos, head over to hihokids and don’t forget to subscribe to Cut.